Sunday 25 August 2013

Summer Reading Programs: DONEZO!

I'm excited to say that B completed all three of her Summer Reading Programs as of yesterday. All together, she read THIRTY-TWO books this summer, of varying lengths. We did read Lewis Carroll's ALICE IN WONDERLAND together - I read it aloud, chapter by chapter - but I made her read me the remainder aloud, and she did remarkably. We had her first official Meet the Teacher night last week, and I told both her teachers she can read independently and they both just sort of nodded. All of her teachers have been like that at first - the "yes, everyone thinks their child is a genius" sort of brush off - but give it two weeks and they'll change their tune.

Anyway, photos of my B and her rewards:

1) Reading Challenge #1: Austin Public Library's Summer Reading Program



2) Reading Challenge #2: Barnes & Noble's Imagination Destination Program



3) Reading Challenge #3: Book People's Give Me Summer, Give Me Books Program


It makes me happy to no end to know that this focus we've helped her grow, regarding reading and words and art, will be a lifelong one.

I'm so very proud of my little reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment