Saturday 2 March 2013

#Fast5 Facts (Music & Movies Edition)

1) There was a phase of my life in which I listened to a whole lot of underground hip hop. (It was from about 18 to 21. Initially, there was a boy involved.) To this day, I still enjoy the underground stuff better than any mainstream rap.

One of my favorite songs:



To see him perform this live you can click here.

Other MCs that I love(d): Mos Def, Blackstar, Atmosphere (Slug)

2) I have never seen Goonies all the way through. 


3) I can quote Empire Records from beginning to end. It will forever remain on my list of favorite movies of all time. 



Mini fact: I loved Empire Records from my first viewing, and at the time, the only way I could have a copy for regular viewing was to record it on VHS. It was on the same tape as Dangerous Minds.

Other all-time favorites: Fight Club, Lost in Translation, The Nightmare Before Christmas, + a few others.

4) My love of Grunge (and '90s music in general) often makes people assume I'm older than I look. 


Nirvana is arguably the most well-known Grunge band, and I've been of fan of Dave Grohl (ROCK GOD) since his days on drums with them, but my favorite band from this era? Alice in Chains. With Layne Staley, whom I believe was one of the best rock vocalists ever. That said, my Grunge Love extends to: Singles, Chris Cornell singing anything, flannels, Doc Martens, and the whole nine.

5) I hate - no really, hate - the movie A Christmas Story.


The only thing I find remotely entertaining or funny in the whole of that movie is this scene, which is also wholly inappropriate and about 300 kinds of terrible. But in general? Never seeing this movie again would be perfectly fine with me. Bleh.

.
.
.

What are some Little Known Facts About you and music and movies?



2 comments: