Friday 5 April 2013

Summer Reading Plans

Hey there.

So, this thing has been circulating around the interwebz : clicky click.

Aside from the fact that, for about a thousand reasons, I won't touch 50 Shades of Shite with a ten foot pole, I've made myself go through this flow chart a couple different times with different answers, and every time, I've ended up with a book that's been on my to-be-read list for quite some time, which is pretty cool.

That got me thinking - what are my summer reading plans? Last year, I decided to read some kidlit between whatever I happened to pick up from my shelves. In some instances, I reread old favorites; in others, it was the first time I'd gotten around to it. Some examples of what I read last summer are:
  • A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle (one of my favorite books)
  • Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
  • Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls
  • Wonder by RJ Palacio (FEELS ALL OVER)
An approximation of my tbr pile. No, really.
I think that, this summer, I'll finish up my reread of the Harry Potter books. I just started a slow read of Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone, and I'm really enjoying reading the books with the knowledge of everything that's to come. I'll also continue to be part of a book club. But, I'm not sure that that's really enough to constitute Summer Reading Plans! Maybe I should set a numerical goal - "I'll read x books by the last day of August."

Are you a reader? What are you going to be reading this summer?

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment