Sunday 2 June 2013

Skinny Bitch or Bust, #1

It's been a couple weeks since I blogged. Sorry about that, O Devoted Readers. All four of you. ;)

Today's post deals with a lot of business that's often just no fun to talk about: health and fitness.

Short version of a very long story:

In February 2012, I decided I was going to get healthy. I've always weighed significantly more than people assumed, and I wanted to change that. I was going to lose the weight I wanted to lose so that I could feel better about myself, and I was going to do it through diet and exercise, but mostly diet, at least at first. And through a series of stops and starts that began in March, I made a lot of progress. By the time June came around, I'd lost about 10 pounds. By the time October arrived, I'd lost 26ish, and that put me significantly closer to where I wanted to be.

And then life went a little batshit crazy on me, and I just... stopped. Stopped eating well, stopped exercising regularly, stopped drinking water. I just stopped.

Well, anyway, I've had a few false starts since then, but it is my goal - no, not goal...

In June, I'm going to get back to where I was. I'm going to watch what I eat, I'm going to exercise, and I'm going to do it without a bunch of excuses. Yes, there will be cheats - it's summer in Texas and sometimes, there's nothing more delicious than a margarita. But those cheats will be just that - special treats. At some point in the near future, I want to make the move to organic, non-GMO foods, but at this point, that's not a realistic option, so for now, I'll just focus on eating well.

I'm blogging because I want to take a few minutes to discuss my five goals for the month of June, with the intention of checking in on July 2nd to see how well I did, and the reason the title of this post includes #1 is because I want to make this a regular theme here, if only for my personal record keeping:

1) Start and finish the planking challenge I found on Pinterest. 
2) Drink at least 40 ounces of water a day. I did it before and I know water intake is the KEY to my losing and keeping weightoff. 
3) Take actual measurements so I'm aware of more than just what the scale says and how my clothes fit. 
4) Find a cardio routine I can do at home that works for me. Do it 3x a week. 
5) Find a leg toning routine that actually works and do it 3x a week as well. 

That's a lot, yo.

But honestly?

I'm worth it.

Skinny Bitch or Bust,
Ang

2 comments: