Saturday 22 June 2013

The Skinny Bitch Chronicles: Initial Goals

(Don't worry - I'm not going to post every week about this, but I do want to keep a record somewhere of what I'm doing/where I'm at on this so, here we are.)

SO, exciting thing: My Les Mills Combat DVDs and first order of Shakeology arrived today. Shakeo is delicioso, and I'm pretty impressed at the sheer volume of recipes that Beachbody provided up front (as well as by the fact that there's a schedule of when to do which workout, because I was legitimately concerned about what that was going to look like). AND I went through the Basics DVD, because although Combat speaks to my inner bad ass, I know next to nothing about mixed martial arts, and I want to at least be comfortable performing the movements.

Man.

Just moving through them, engaging my muscles the way that they instructed to, doing everything from capoeira to karate, and I was already sweating.

That...

Well, it makes me CRAZY excited about the next 2 months. KIA!

So, here are my goals. Keep in mind that these could be crazy-conservative - I've never done anything like Combat before, so I have no idea how my body will actually respond, only that the only changes that can come are good ones.

5 GOALS
Dates: July 1 - September 1:
  • Replace breakfast with Shakeo every day for 60 days. 
  • Follow the work out schedule (Supreme Warrior) listed in my Fitness Guide. 
  • Lose 15 pounds (I'm hoping this is really low-balling it).
  • Lose a cumulative 10 inches (I actually have no idea how to approach this bit, so if you have advice, please let me know. Maybe this is way too low). 
  • (Keeping this one hidden for now)
 I took measurements tonight, and I'm planning on a detox of sorts for the coming work week. Then, on Monday, July 1, it begins.

LET'S DO THIS.

PS Here's some more pics of Pink and her killer figure (please note that none of these photos are mine, but I completely spaced on keeping the source links):

Trim waist, strong abs.





#killerlegs

4 comments:

  1. I think you absolutely SHOULD post every week! You've got a solid plan here, Any. And what's more, you've got strength and determination. You got this!

    I also took measurements yesterday. And did body fat percentage. It was motivating in a 'good GAWD' kind of way. Let's go kick some inches, lady!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, Bec. I think the best lesson I've learned thus far in this whole situation - Baby steps are the only way you're going to get there. Take it a pound at a time. An inch at a time. And suddenly, you'll be there. So, yeah, doing the Beachbody Challenge is a big freaking deal, but it's my one big change. The rest of this? It's small changes - not eating that piece of chocolate, not eating crap for breakfast, drinking water instead of whatever else - and then, though I've got this big weight loss goal ahead of me, I'm setting micro goals along the way.

      We got this, babe. Stay positive. Handle your business. In the words of Beachbody:

      DECIDE. COMMIT. SUCCEED.

      Let's do this!

      Delete
  2. You go girl! I can't wait either! I am ready. I survived today with at the gathering by bringing my own food and no one cared that I wasn't eating the crap.:)
    I will do photos and measurements tonight! EEEEEEEEEE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's the thing: no one ever will, I don't think. It's all so much in our heads, you know?

      Anyway.

      I'm doing the coffee variation of the shake in the morning, and I'm pretty excited about it. I need to work on moving to several small meals a day, because that's ideal for the way my hunger usually works.

      Can't wait to start this up with you right there with me. :)

      Delete