Saturday 27 October 2012

book nerd 101

i read a lot.

this is evidenced by my goodreads lists.

also, i'm 11 books away from hitting my goal of reading 100 books in 2012. #exciting

so, anyway, i wanted to list a few books i'm excited about that will be released soon or will be delivered to my house soon:


DAYS OF BLOOD AND STARLIGHT by Laini Taylor


laini has this amazing way with words. her prose is beautiful, never purple, and always impacting. also, the world she crafted here, one that aligns right alongside the one we actually live in, is compelling and terrible and feels very complete, even after just one book (her first in this trilogy, Daughter of Smoke and Bone). her characters are real, her conflicts are real, and the backstories she gives everyone within the pages of her books are heavy and gritty and intense. i simply cannot wait for this, the second installment of Karou's story.

really, it's probably an accurate statement to say that this book belongs at the top of my "books i'm impatiently waiting on" list.

~*~*~

THE EVOLUTION OF MARA DYER by Michelle Hodkin


reviews among my friends (and friends of friends) for hodkin's first book (The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer) were mixed. me, personally? i found it intriguing, to say the least. the mix of psychosis and mystery left me definitely interested to see what book 2 would hold within it's pages, and this book is on its way to my house as i type this, scheduled for delivery on monday. 

can't wait to see what happens in this one. (p.s. the cover art for this and The Unbecoming is stunning. love it.) 

~*~*~

The Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl



so, here's the deal with me and the beautiful creatures books: i have been interested since day one, but never actually picked them up because... well, i don't actually know. i was definitely interested in the fact that a boy narrates (i am penning a male-narrated novel for this year's NaNoWriMo), the premise surrounding a variant of witches, and the fact that a few of my nearest and dearest devoured the books. but my to be read list is insane, and when i realized that there were going to be four books... i decided to wait. 

well, my pre-order of the box set of the caster chronicles is on its way to me, and i can't wait!

~*~*~

there are more books i'm looking forward to, but i'll save those for another post.

which books are you not-so-patiently waiting on?

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! I think I need to borrow Days of Blood and Starlight from you once you're done with it. Definitely enjoyed the first book.
    I have Beautiful Redemption on hold at the APL, so that will be read very soon.
    Can't wait utilize my third "library"! ;)

    ReplyDelete